Just sharing some random products I received and hauled over some time.
(For product info, just click on the product name)
1) Garnier Pure Active Spot-On Roll-On
Price: PHP199 (Watson’s) Size:15ml
What it Claims:
· Helps dry pimples
· Immediate pimple relief roll-on
· Heals and clears pimple marks
The only reason why I bought this is because Garnier only release this to our market this year and I think this is the only spot on treatment I haven’t tried in Watson’s. The two main ingredient of this product are Salicylic Acid and Herbarepair. I’m not really a fan of Salicylic Acid anymore as I think SA works great only for teens. I don’t know what the heck is Herbarepair but it’s probably made with some herbal extract or so(not quite sure).
Anyhoo, here are my initial inputs upon trying this roll-on for around 5days:
· I love the rolling thing because it’s very easy and convenient to apply but some might think it’s quite unhygienic due to the rolling ball. But for me, I think it’s not much of a big problem as long as you make sure you have a well cleaned face before using this.
· The initial application might sting a little (just a tiny bit), the rolled on areas might turn a bit reddish but would fade the next 3 days
· This is quite effective to those tiny pimples (not yet erupted) and white heads because I literally see improvement in just 2 days! (but not completely gone..)
· If you have big cystic acnes, then I suggest skip this as this would NOT do any help at all
Recommend: Those with white heads might find this helpful
Rate it: 1/5
Price: USD 15 (Healthy Option) Size: 9.3ml
What it Claims:
· Reduces oil that lead to blemishes
· Improve and maintain skin clarity
· Soothes and nourishes skin
The main ingredient of this product is Tea Tree Oil which I’m not really fond of as I used the Body Shop’s Tea Tree Oil before and works nothing. Anyhoo, here are my inputs after using for around a week and so:
· Same as the Garnier Roll-On above, it is in rolling form which I find it really convenient and hasstle free. (though some might think its unhygienic but that’s not really a problem for me)
· It stings like hell once applied/rolled on to the acne affected area. I have quite a high tolerance in pain but this thing hurts so much! But you would only feel the pain for around 5-10seconds and would go away eventually
· For big cystic acne, the areas applied becomes extremely red and swollen
· On the next 2-3 days, the areas are still reddish but has become dry and flaky (note: I did use a moisturizer but it still dried and flake my skin out)
· On the next 5 days, the areas are turning pinkish but still dry and flaky. I noticed that the cystic acnes has flatten a bit
· For whiteheads, small/tiny acne, 1-2 days becomes reddish and on the third day it just vanish completely
Recommend: If you have big cystic acne, you might experience redness and swollen for the first few days/week but eventually you’ll notice improvement as days goes on. If you have small zits, this will be a great help as it would zap away those zits in just 3 days!
Rate it: 3/5
Price: USD 4 (Ellana booth) Size: 2.5g
I bought this because I’m running out of my Etude House V Line Slim Maker and I thought that the shade of Light Roast is quite similar to the V Line Bronzer.
· It is in deep matte caramel brown and it really does the contouring quite nicely
· You have to be really light handed when applying this as it might turn out really dark. Unlike the V Line’s bronzer, the shade itself is quite subtle so there’s no need to worry even if you have accidently applied too much as it will still turn out very natural
Recommend: The price and shade is not bad, would be great alternative. But I still prefer the EH’s V Line Slim Maker
5) Free Samples from Estee Lauder
· Love how my skin feels after washing squeaky clean!
· Perfect for normal/combination skin
· Might feel a bit tight after wash
Is it worth buying the original size? No! I think other drugstore cleanser can also achieve similar results.
· My eyes are always puffy early morning and would see some fine lines near the corner of the eyes. I applied this every night, around the areas near my eyes and I noticed in the morning that my eyes were no longer puffy and those fine lines visibly reduce but still has!
Is it worth buying the original size? Maybe.
· Super love this serum as it provide maximum hydration to my skin and feels extremely light on the skin
· I have fine lines near my lip areas but somehow I haven’t seen any improvement yet
Is it worth buying the original size? No! it simply provides hydration on skin doesn’t do anything else.
· I’m using ointment to fight against acne thus sometimes might lead to dry patches/flaky of skin. This crème does the job very well on securing enough moisture on the skin to refrain from having dry patches and flaky skin
· Easily absorbed on the skin and feels quite light too
Is it worth buying the original size? YES
That's all for now, Next post will be all about Benefit products! =)