Mario Badescu Acne Skincare Review

Okay, finally my review on the ever famous Mario badescu line. I’ve been using Mario Badescu Acne products for around 2 weeks and here are my reviews on them.

Before making any purchase of Mario Badescu product, please try to to answer their free online skin analysis. After answering the survey, you’ll be recommended with the products that best suits your skin condition.

(PS: I bought Mario badescu products without taking the skin analysis first, but luckily I bought the right products except for the acne cleanser which I shouldn’t have bought)

Mario Badescu will recommend like 9-10 kinds of products based on the results of your skin analysis, but you don’t have to purchase them all. Simply read the description of each recommended products and choose the ones you think best suits your desire.

Here are the products I bought from Mario Badescu:

1)       Acne Facial Cleanser (which I shouldn’t have bought)

 From the website it states:
“Prevent and heal existing acne with our exfoliating and deep cleansing wash formulated with acne-fighting Salicylic Acid. Contains Aloe Vera and Chamomile, two natural ingredients that calm and soothe acne inflamed skin”

My Reviews:
As mentioned earlier, I should not have bought this cleanser as this is not suitable for my skin condition. But since I already bought it, I wanted to give it a try. The cleanser can really remove dirt/greasy feeling on the skin and your skin will feel clean and tight after wash. The only thing that I don’t like about this wash is that it kinda dries up and skin.

Rank: 3/5







2)      Drying Lotion





From the website it states:
The Drying Lotion is a fast acting, effective acne spot treatment. Formulated with salicylic acid, calamine and other quick-drying ingredients, this product will shrink ugly whiteheads virtually overnight while you sleep
  




My Reviews:
I love this product, this product really is fast acting on ACNE. Although you won’t get rid of it overnight but you’ll definitely see the reduction on the size and the texture is lighter, huge difference in just one night! No peeling or redness stage at all. The only thing I don’t like about the product is the smell, the smell is kinda awful especially when you are applying it for the first time. But you’ll get used to it after that.

Rank: 5/5


3)      Healing Cream
From the website it states:
Prevent acne scars with this sulfur based cream that speeds up the healing process of red, irritated, acne erupted skin. Balsam Peru helps protect delicate, healing skin while it soothes and minimizes redness. Its healing properties work immediately on acne prone areas preventing minor pimples from becoming inflamed. Oil-free formula.




My Reviews:
This cream is totally optional, but if you have a semi-senstive skin that are quite prone on rashes and irritaton (like mine), this cream is a MUST! Although this is not as fast acting as the drying lotion but it does lighten the rashes I often encounter.

Rank: 4/5

4)      Drying Cream


From the website it states:
Acne cream that conceals! Drying Cream is an effective treatment to dry up small under the surface bumps and pimples. Just a few dabs smoothed on the erupted areas prevent pimples from getting larger and spreading out of control. Aloe rich cream conceals and heals erupted pimples.





My Reviews:
Says it all by the name. It realy dries up your acne/pimple and slowly heals as well. In the website it mentioned that you can use this under your make-up, but I doubtly recommend it. This cream is too thick, its thicker than any type(mousse,stick,foundation) of concealer in the market, so its unlikely possible to apply this as make-up base or concealer.

Rank: 4/5


5)      Buffering Lotion


From the website it states:
Specifically designed to treat large, deep, cystic acne, the buffering lotion covers large erupted areas for overall treatment. Formulated with nourishing B vitamins and amino acids for healthy skin as well as soothing anti-inflammatory herbal extracts to promote healing. Reduce cystic acne fast with this deep penetrating, fast absorbing formula.

My Reviews(edited):
You won't see immediately result on this, but after continuous application your screaming acne will long be gone. It works well specifically on cystic acne, even though the smell is similar to a ethyl/isoprophyl alcohol but it won't dry nor peel your skin. You might experience slight tingly but won't make your skin turn reddish. Its like a mild liquidity lotion with an ethyl alcohol smell. Overall, it does do what it claims to though not that immediate but it does deliver good results.

Rank: 4/5


You might be wondering how and when do I use all this products. There are no exact steps on how to apply these products so I just apply the products based on its texture.

I only do this routine once a day (at night only), In the morning, I just wash my face with a cleanser and I’m off to go.

Here are my eveynight routine:
Since the MB Acne Facial Cleanser is not suitable for me, so I bought a milder cleanser( I’m using PHYSIOGEL). 



After cleansing, apply liberal moisturizer all over your face(any moisturizer will do, but I’m using ELOVERA). 



Pour the MB Buffering Lotion in a cotton and gently pat to areas that are likely to develop acne/ with acne/ oily parts. Let it dry for a few seconds until it completely absorbed in the skin.
Apply a thin layer of MB Healing Cream on the areas with most acnes/often developed irritations etc. Let it dry for a few seconds, then apply dabs of Drying Lotion (use a cotton swabs and gently dip in until it reaches the pink sendiments) directly to the acne/pimple spot/mark. Wait until the drying lotion has dried up then apply a very thin layer of Drying Cream on the acne/pimple affected areas.








(FYI: The reason why I’m not using Mario badescu’s cleanser and moisturizer is simply because the store I’m buying doesn’t carry these two products thus I have no choice but to use an alternative)











Updates on my skin condition (Left & Right cheeks) after using two weeks of Mario badescu’s products:
(Click for larger view)









 
(Click for larger view)













As you can see, my skin is not completely cleared yet, but I have high hopes that eventually MARIO BADESCU can help clear my skin and (finally) END my acne journey.







LOVES MARIO BADESCU!!!!

19 comments:

  1. Ooh~ MB really loves your skin. There was a really big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @juliet: you don't really have to try the entire regimen. Just a Drying lotion and a simple moisturizer would help clear acnes/pimples. The MB drying lotion is $17 but it could last for 1-2 months (^_^)~

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you buy MB? Wow. nice review! I wanna try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Morbidfrank: MB counters are available in all Rustan's =) You don't need to use it, you have flawless skin already ^_^~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Are mario badescu products expensive??? can you tell me the price ranges of the mario badescu products you used???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi dear, I forgot the prices but you might want to check their prices on their site =)

      Delete
  6. I checked on your current skin care regimen and saw that you're no longer using MB products. Have you stopped using this? Why?

    Thanks so much for the review, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dar, I finished quite a few bottle of drying lotion until I realized it's not working anymore. I guess my skin got immune to sulfur and calamine (main ingredients of drying lotion) thus I tried other products instead. Thanks so much for dropping by ^_~

      Delete
  7. hi.. i read your to your blog about elovera cream, i would like to ask where did you bought that cream... looks like i can't find it here in manila or quezon city. thank you.. look forward to your reply...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi dear! your could use any moisturizer and its only available in selected mercury drugstore. I have a hard time finding it too as only few branches carry the cream. I bought mine at Mercury glorietta branch but I'm not sure if they do still carry it now.

      Thanks for dropping by =)

      Delete
    2. The skin care information on this post is quite relevant and this is the think I like the most about this page

      Delete
  8. i made just made a mario badescu post too! is it just me or do you feel a burning sensation when you apply the drying lotion? and how long does it take to work?

    http://ahemitsemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel a bit burning but would go away after a few seconds. I notice improvement around 4-5 days of application ^_~

      Delete
  9. That's not a breakout! You're exaggerating way too much! You're over-acting! Those are just a few pimples. A breakout is much worse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, after how many months/ years did you feel that you're immune to mario badescu products? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mario Badescu has good product range. Skincare is good

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, this was an incredibly good post. Spending
    some time and actual effort to generate a superb article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a whole lot and never manage to get nearly anything done.


    Also visit my page: philosophy skin care

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...