I’m suffering from massive break out….. AGAIN….(>_<)
I’m breaking out……..AGAIN…-__-
I don’t know if its because of the weather since I just came back from Korea last month and when I returned home…Yikesss! Pimples start popping out…and not just pimple but CYSTIC one!..Oh god!! Here we go AGAIN……=’(
And I discovered one thing, I’m immune to MarioBadescu’s product already!!! Thus it is NOT effective for me anymore.. =(
To make it even worst, I also discovered that BenzoylPeroxide, Salicylic Acid, and Calamine doesn’t work for me anymore thus leave me no choice but to seek for alternatives.
I remember that a so-called “AHA” is also considered an effective treatment for acne thus I decided to further check on it.
AHA in short for Alpha Hydroxy Acid claims it can help clear up acne and fade acne scars effectively. Basically AHA’s combats acne and rejuvenate skin by increasing skin cell turnover. You can visit acne.org for further info about AHA.
Okay, now I know AHA might possibly help clear my acnes but the question is where the heck do I buy AHA products????!!!!!So one day I was roaming around Watson’s until I saw the new Acne Line of Celeteque. I found out that their Acne Line contains hydroxy acids!!! And it ‘s exactly what I’m looking for!!
Here’s my review on using Celeteque:DermoScience+ “ACNE SOLUTIONS” Line:
ACNE Cleansing Gel PHP270
· Cleanses skin to help reduce acne and impurirites without over drying
· Main ingredients Hydroxy Acid that exfoliates and reduce blemishes and acne breakouts
· Helps reduce acne caused by blockage of pores due to dirt and impurirites
Rinse face first with COLD water then wash face using Acne Cleansing Gel. The consistency is watery gel, makes skin squeaky clean but NOT over drying. Skin felt very much refreshed and hydrated after wash.
OIL CONTROL TONER PHP117
· Removes stubborn dirt
· Contains Aloe Vera and Chamomile extracts that helps soothe skin
After washing face with ACNE Cleansing Gel, apply Oil Control Toner ONLY on areas with Acne/pimple or oily areas. Let it dry. Effectively remove all dirt thoroughly at the same time soothen flamed areas. Upon application, skin might turn a bit reddish especially to those acne affected areas but will later subsides and soothens skin.
· Contains Acnacidol BG that helps sebum secretion in acne-prone skin
· Contains French Spring Water for smoothening and moisturizing of skin
Once the Oil Control Toner completely dries up, spread sufficient amount of Acne Clearing Facial Moisturizer Gel all over the face and let the skin absorbed for a few minutes.
It makes your skin feel tight and look Crystal Clear. This is a very nice Moisturizer because it literally improves your skin texture and at the same time heals those imperfections.
ACNE SPOT GEL PHP169
· Corrects acne imperfections within 24hours
· Used Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) with Poly Hydroxy Acid (PHA) which aids in exfoliating dead skin cels and helps diminish pimples
· Contains Lilac extract that helps prevent future breakouts
· Effectively reduce acne by as much as 80% in just one day
Once the Acne Clearing Facial Moisturizer Gel is deeply absorbed by the skin, apply liberal amount of ACNE SPOT GEL on affected areas and spread EVENLY.
This is my favorite product of the entire line as it really works! Though it doesn’t really clear pimple/acne within 24hrs but it does reduce the inflammation and size of the acne/pimple significantly.
In my case, I have one CYSTIC acne on my chin and I applied the ACNE SPOT GEL several times (3-4x) a day and the CYSTIC ACNE subsides on the 3rd day and cleared up on the 6th day. Though it still has that tiny red spot but is not that noticeable anymore.
This ACNE SPOT GEL will NOT BURN or PEEL your skin badly as to what Benzoyl Peroxide does. Though it might stung a little but is TOTALLY tolerable.At first few days, it will MILDLY peel the affected areas into a new layer of skin but will NOT appear flaky (see pics below for reference). The only downside is this tube is easily consumed, I can finish this tube in just 4-5days!!!!
Actual pics during usage of CELETEQUE DERMOSCIENCE- ACNE SOLUTION:(click for larger view)
Overall Review on Celeteque:DermoScience+ “ACNE SOLUTIONS” Line:
It is affordable yet effective Acne Treatment Regime. Though it might NOT work overnight but it does heals acne/pimples gradually. As you can see on the pictures, it is NOT an overnight process it takes 7-14days until you see a massive improvement. This 3 weeks period, I consumed 1 Cleansing Gel, 1 Toner, 2 Moisturizing Gel and 3 Tubes of ACNE SPOT GEL. If you are unsure on trying out the entire range then I recommend to just purchase the ACNE SPOT GEL first. If the ACNE SPOT GEL works, then try using the entire range. IF not, then I suggest to just skip it and look for alternatives instead.
Just my 2cents with regards to those acne treatments:
1) Benzoyl Peroxide- this is very effective to those who are suffering from severe acne or massive breakouts.
Cons: Skin will turn reddish, slightly burn and experience peeling of skin
2) Salicylic Acid- this is effective for people who develops acne once in awhile.
Cons: Not effective for acne prone people, suitable for people who only have mild pimple
3) AHA or BHA- This is considered in between BP and Salicylic Acid. Effective treatment for those with sensitive skin as it doesn’t burn or peels your skin badly.
Cons: Would not see immediate results
4) Retinol/Tretinoin- Also known as effective acne treatment but I haven’t tried it, will update this post if I was able to try this out.
You can check out acne.org to know more about acne related info's