MULE Summer Makeup Collection Review

Some of you might not  be familiar with this brand so here’s a little overview of the brand MULE.
MULE (Make Your Own Rule) is a makeup brand launched by LG Household & Health Care wherein they collaborated with one of Korea’s top celebrity makeup artist “Jung Saem-mool”.
JungSaem-Mool is the makeup artist who creates and set the trend on “celebrity translucent makeup”.

If you want to know more background about the brand, you can visit here.

Let’s now go to my review on the products included in the 2012  MULE Summer Makeup Collection

·         The bristles of the Brush are super dense and soft! If you think Sigma’s brush is dense enough then I tell you this brush is even denser than Sigma’s!! Since the bristles are short so it doesn’t shred at all! I’ve wash them quite a few times and it does not shred or flake at all. The handle is created in ARC shaped so it makes it much convenient for makeup application
·         As for the PUFF, it is soft, thick and sturdy enough. It’s definitely a high quality sponge if you must compare it with the drugstore one. But I’m not really a sponge person so I don’t quite use this sponge that often.
·         Overall, both the Brush and PUFF are made with top quality materials which help the makeup application more convenient and seamless.

2)    ARTIST CORRECEALER BALM
  This palette contains a blusher and a concealer balm. The packaging is designed with a side flap that has a net, wherein the purpose is to control the amount of product you want to apply on your skin; by merely swiping the brush on the net.

·         The coverage of the Concealer is good, definitely buildable. Able to conceal all sorts of blemishes seamlessly
·       The shade of the Blusher is really pretty and natural, which can also be used as eye brightener
This palette is available in only two shades:
  #1 Light with Pinkish Blusher
   #2 Medium with Coral Blusher
·         It’s a base makeup that has a tint of green shade. We all know that green tends to minimize the redness so this really helps neutralize the skintone.

·         I have redness all over my cheeks due to acne scarring but this base really helps tone down redness a bit.
·         The consistency is adequate not too runny and doesn’t feel greasy or sticky at all.
·         Overall, a light base that works like a primer which also helps neutralize the skintone.

·         It comes in a light pinkish powder that tends to help set the makeup intact 
   I’m not really a fan of the puff attached to it, I’m still fond of using brushes when applying setting powder

I did a quick look using the MULE Summer Collection as per below:
Step 1: Prep your skin with SUN MIRROR BASE wherein it helps corrects and neutralize your skintone
 Step 2: 
Use the CURVE BRUSH, swipe a bit of concealer balm, brush off the excess on the net and apply to skin
Step 3:
Apply SUN GLASS POWDER in order to set the concealer intact
Step 4:
Use the CURVE PUFF, swipe a bit of the blusher and gently tap on your cheeks

Overall Review on the MULE Summer Collection
·         My favorite product of the entire range would probably be the ARTIST CURVE BRUSH and the Concealer. These two products can really make skin look naturally flawless despite having a bad skin (yours, truly) >_<
I have a sensitive acne prone skin and I used this for straight 7 days and didn’t encounter any discomfort so I believe the ingredient used are safe for sensitive skin.
I would really recommend this range as this really is a nice collection if you want to achieve a naturally seamless look.
Where to buy MULE products:
·         As of the moment, this is only available in Korea but I’ve seen MULE products sold in EBAY, GMARKET and TAOBAO. So for overseas buyers, you might want to check those sites for reference.

·         BTW, I bought mine at CjMALL for KRW 99000(approx. USD 87) which consist of 2 sets of Correcealer balm, Sun Mirror Base, Sun glass powder, 1 set of Brushes and a MULE shopping bag. I think the entire package is pretty affordable considering that the products are made with high quality materials/ingredients.

      Any of you guys heard about the brand MULE? What do you think of this brand?

MULE THEME 1 review, click HERE

32 comments:

  1. wow what an interesting product! I've never heard about the brand before, but this one really looks interesting!
    I can def see the difference in your before after pictures.. looks really glowy and natural.. they cover imperfections well. :D great review,Janet !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The before and after look really amazing! Want to try this brand now. :D Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where do you find all of these amazing new products??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet, CJMall is all korean, how did u manage to buy the product from there? They ship to Singapore?

      Delete
    2. Hi Patrina,
      I use google translate =) and ask EasyBuy7 to buy for me.
      Here's the link for EasyBuy7: www.easybuy7.com
      EasyBuy7 ship worldwide ^_~

      Hope this helps =)

      Delete
  4. i've never heard about the brand before, seems like there are so many korean brands that i still don't know >.<
    the curve brush and puff looks so cute :3 and it's good that their products didn't make you break out. :D
    Hope i can try their products someday.Thanx for the great review, Janet. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really interested in MULE products but never got around to trying it yet. I particularly like the curve puff coz it looks so cute!!
    Thanks for this review!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! This is sooo interesting! Thank you for sharing! ^^
    The curve brush is a must try!! ♥
    Btw, you really look lovely Janet!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. The brush and puff look interesting. I hope to try that product too! :)

    Glacey
    makeupbyglacey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love MULE~! I have been lemming for those products for such a long time! Btw, have you tried using the pink balm as an eye-brightener?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried and it does somewhat minimize dark circles =)

      Delete
  9. i haven't heard of this brand before but those products look very interesting! i'm very iffy about purchasing make up on eBay, but i do want to try that brush!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree on the ebay thing, but you could try gmarket its safer and better ^_~

      Delete
  10. The packaging is so pretty! I love it :) The products also look amazing, shame I can't get it here in the UK :(
    Are you wearing contacts? They really suit you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wearin one! haha, it looks weird eh..haha..You could try gmarket, I think they ship to UK as well ^_~

      Delete
  11. I haven't heard of this brand before but the products all sound really good! Especially the concealer - the coverage looks amazing in your swatch. The products did a great job of evening out your skintone :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never heard of this brand but now I'm tempted to try it out! =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!! The sponge applicator for the blushes looks pretty neat!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard about this brand before but I always love trying asian cosmetics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great review ms janet =) thanks for this, na-amaze ako sa brush =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The concealers is so creamy. It seems it will give the kind of coverage I look for. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. i haven't used any of her products, but they look very promising!
    i know she is a very famous makeup artist and my bmf's wife got her wedding makeup from her. she looked beautiful for sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never heard of MULE, but am a big fan of JungSaem-Mool and her tutorials. I love the concept behind her makeup (i.e. minimal) and the products here all actually cover up quite well. I'm super curious about the brush now! Thanks for the in depth review!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw Jung Saem Mool using the products before and i was really tempted! Now you make me want more!:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love MULE. I got mine shipped to NY from an EBAY seller. They only thing is that everything is in Korean and it comes with this awesome brochure that I can't read! Oh well, love it anyway. I reviewed it on my blog: http://www.ourwonderlust.com/

    xoxo
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  21. I somehow missed this post?! Anyway the base looks really good on you and I really like JungSaem-Mool's work!!! I have to look out for this brand when I next go to Korea hehe, did you happen to find this in the department store btw?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like this
    http://katshe-i-can-change.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do you mind providing the links for your MULE products?

    I want to get them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello victoria, simply go to cjmall and enter mule and click search ;). hope this helps ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...