Review: Murad Acne Complex Starter Kit

Seasonal breakout anyone? Yup, I do experience breakout everytime weather changes. Even though I lived in a tropical country, but I still develop breakout due to climate change.(weird as it may sound, but I do!) 

There’s a low pressure approaching in our country, heavy rains poured in and temperature has dropped quite a few. My Skin is really sensitive in terms of climate change, therefore I experience massive breakout AGAIN! I think I have mentioned the word “breaking out again” 25642532431237252645 times in my blog already >_< 

I’ve been breaking out almost every month for different reasons due to hormonal imbalance,allergy,stress etc etc etc…. Okay nuff’ said, after my successful experience in Celeteque Dermoscience: Acne Solution Care I decided to try another skincare line to fight this seasonal breakout. The reason why I didn’t use Celeteque anymore because I want a FASTER solution! I don’t want to wait 1 month long before I see results. The fact that I’ll be attending some conference so I badly need a CLEAR skin ASAP!  

I’ve been badly wanting to try the very much advertise acne treatment on TV which is PROACTIVE. But was very much hesitant due to massive NEGATIVE feedback/reviews I’ve read through the internet therefore until now I didn’t have the courage to try it out. But maybe someday…I would..but definitely not now…
Aside from PROACTIVE, there’s another acne treatment which is also widely advertise and that would be MURAD ACNE Treatment. 

I decided to choose MURAD over PROACTIVE as MURAD basic ingredients is SALICYLIC ACID which (I think*) is more suitable to sensitive skin compared to PROACTIVE’s main ingredients which is BENZOYL PEROXIDE. Since I just want to try it out therefore I purchased the MURAD’s Acne Complex Kit. 

MURAD’s ACNE COMPLEX INTRODUCTORY KIT
Price: PHP1950 approx   USD$45 
The kit contains the following:
  1. Clarifying Cleanser  , 2.0 FLOZ
  2. Exfoliating Acne Treatment, 1.o FL.OZ
  3. SKIN PERFECTING LOTION, 1.0 FL OZ
  4. ACNE SPOT TREATMENT 0.25FL.OZ
  5. OIL CONTROL Mattifier (1 Sachet)

More info about MURAD’s click here 
My reviews upon using the entire KIT for around 2 weeks: 
 
           1) CLARIFYING CLEANSER



Murad Claims: Prevent breakouts; Antibacterial agents eliminates 99.9% irritating bacteria while Salicylic Acid heals blemishes and prevents future breakouts. 

I Said: The consistency is in GEL form therefore it is quite easy to just lather it on damp face and rinse. This cleanser would make your skin feel MENTHOL COOL and I like the coolness as it makes my skin feel more refreshing. But the downside is it makes my SKIN ROUGH! As for preventing breakouts? Nah! I still manage to have pimple/acnes popping out while using this. 
 
  1. EXFOLIATING ACNE TREATMENT
 Murad Claims: Controlling breakouts, pore-cloggging impurities are eliminated, clarity restored and able to reduce acne in just 3 days 

I Said: The consistency is in GEL so it is also quite easy to apply and spread on skin. Okay here is what I experience upon applying this, my face is EXTREMELY ITCHY (the itchiness would lasts around 20-30mins) and later makes my skin SUPER RED!!!! But I managed to tolerate thinking ~oh this might be working thus the reason of itchiness….BUT NOT AT ALL!! Even though its zuper ITCHY and it hurts so much I decided to still continue the regime, but until now( 2 weeks have passed), I HAVEN’T notice any improvement at ALL!!! WORST, it makes my skin ZUPER DRY and RED!!! 
 
  1. SKIN PERFECTING LOTION

 Murad Claims: Minimize pores and refines texture, penetrate to clear pores and balance oil production 

I Said: This lotion is not that thick, was quite light weight and when you applied it does not feel anything. But but but here comes the catch, I applied this before applying my Murad Hybrid Primer(I’ll make a review on this soon), after 2-4 hours my skin becomes EXTREMELY ITCHY and then I developed red bumps and patches all over my face!!! And I know this is NOT because of the Hybrid Primer because the next day I applied Primer without the SPL and my face DID NOT ITCH at all. So this is the main suspect! 
  1. ACNE SPOT TREATMENT

Murad Claims: speeds healing of stubborn blemishes on the spot, quickly clears active breakouts and prevents new blemishes from fully developing 
 
I Said: The consistency of this is similar to a lightweight lotion and is in light green color.When applied, I instantly feel itchiness and tingle for a few seconds and would later subsides. Does nothing on what it claims! Though it does NOT worsen the acne condition but it literally Didn’t improve anything at all. Simply NOTHING…NADA… 
  1. OIL CONTROL Mattifier SPF15
Murad Claims: Controls oil for up to 8hrs, eliminates shine, protects skin 

I Said: The consistency is similar to a cream but totally lightweight and non-greasy.I have to admit this DOES effectively controls oil and eliminate shines on my face. It does actually do what it claims. 
 
Overall experience on using the Murad’s Acne Complex regime for around 2 weeks: 
(click for larger view)
    1. Does my acne/pimple breakout improved/reduce- NO
    2. Does it worsen my pimple/acne- somewhat YES and NO (see pic above)
    3. Any side effects? Skin implication- My skin has red patches and is now rough and it still with many acnes/pimple
    4. Would you still continue using this regime? NOT ANYMORE, 2 weeks is long enough
    5. Would you recommend this or try this again next time? NO!I know it doesn't work for me but might work for some. BUT I would still NOT risk on recommending this at ALL nor even trying it again
I’m back using the Celeteque Dermoscience: Acne Solution and my skin is getting better so far!
(still with red patches and acne marks, but slowly healing....)

Lesson learned- If there’s a skincare that works, stick with it unless of course if you’ve been immune.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I think celeteque is the best for you! :) It just clears out your acne really well unlike the other products you've tried! ♥ It's great that you've found THE one ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i have similar complications after using murad. my skin becomes so dry and flaky. At some points, the skin becomes irritated and the burning sensation just made it worse.


    P/s:may i know where to get celeteque dermoscience acne treatment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently began using Murad Acne Complex and I am planning to stick with for a good 3 to 4 weeks for good results, I hope. My skin doesn't usually experience sensitivity but after using the products my skin sometimes burns and doesn't feel totally soft and smooth.acne severe treatment.I am wondering if my recent breakouts are my skin purging or irritation...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked up all kind of remedies and research. I'd like some tips on getting rid of acne scaring.acne treatments blog. I have some on my back and I hate it. Have anyone out there had success with getting rid of acne scarring and if so how long did it take bleaching creams etc. that actually work or have been proven successful?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are there any home remedies that will get rid of these acne in two weeks or less. Or are there any cheap yet effective products? Thank you :) cure for pimples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello alaina, I used Eskinol and it works for me plus its affordable =)

      Delete
  6. I have cystic acne and i have yet to find an over the counter product that will help me. I do not want to go to a dermatologist because it is too expensive. What products work well, does anyone have any home remedies? acne scar removal treatment

    ReplyDelete
  7. While traveling with children, make sure that you reach your destination free from the
    stress that can be reaped through technological research.
    Walter Thompson New York, to Aaron D. The fact that all decisions had to crisis management firm be getting anxious
    as the music kept stopping and he was the only one seeking to capitalise on an electorate dissatisfied with its governing class.
    Yeah, those crisis management firm guys.
    The modern Burson-Marsteller, says Jordan, stressing
    the importance of infrastructure spending for our economy and people.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...